Imagine a Thanksgiving meal with bourbon . . .We'll, here ya go. Some great ways to use my favorite alcohol this holiday season.
1. Bourbon ginger cider. You can have a few of these waiting when guests arrive. It's just ginger beer, apple cider, and bourbon over ice.
2. Apple-bourbon turkey and gravy. Put bourbon over the whole turkey before and during roasting, and save the pan drippings for gravy.
3. Bourbon cranberry sauce. Add some cinnamon and a bit of orange and lime juice, and you'll never go back to canned cranberry sauce again.
4. Bourbon pecan stuffing. However good you think your regular stuffing is, it's BETTER with chopped pecans and bourbon.
5. Bourbon-maple sweet potatoes. Pretty simple: Anything you eat with sweet potatoes in it . . . add bourbon.
6. Side dishes. Any cooked vegetables can have bourbon too. Two good options are bourbon-glazed radishes, and Brussels sprouts with bacon and bourbon.
7. Bacon-bourbon butter. Make a LOT of it. When you taste it, you'll want it on everything.
8. Pies. Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and even cheesecake . . . they're all great with a little bourbon inside.
9. Bourbon-butterscotch ice cream. If you're making your own ice cream, you're already hardcore about Thanksgiving. So yeah . . . why not put bourbon in it.
10. Bourbon coffee or tea. There are a hundred ways to do it, so don't limit yourself with a recipe. Just get creative and see what comes out.